Sunday, March 17, 2013

Gratitude

I am of the belief that gratitude is one of the most important forces in the world. By thanking those who have been helpful to us, we not only make them feel as though their efforts are worth something, but we also allow ourselves to truly realize how fortunate we are to have certain people in our lives.

I am by no means a tremendously successful writer (yet). That doesn't change the fact that I've been published, I've been paid to write, and I've arrived at that moment in my life when I truly think that it is possible for me to make a living doing this, provided I am willing to put in the necessary work.

As I am writing under a pseudonym, I'm not going to name any names in this post, I'm merely going to give a general thank you to anyone who has ever encouraged me to be a writer. Teachers, friends, family, so many have given me the confidence I needed to see this goal as a legitimate possibility, instead of a pipe dream.

So, I thank you, and resolve to make you proud by continuing to write.

And while I'm at it, allow me to thank anyone who is reading this. It's difficult to be a writer without any readers.

All the Best,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment